Monday, 9 January 2012

Homespun Style * Images From My Latest book!

I'm excited to share a few images from my 3rd Interiors Book - Homespun Style Published by Ryland Peters & Small with Photography by Debi Treloar and words by Joanna Simmons. Homespun Style follows the success of my previous books, Bazaar Style & Romantic Style, it will be released in March, its available to pre-order via My Etsy Shop Selina Lake Living now. In this book I show you how I've given this homely, crafty look a modern twist with vivid colours, tactile fabrics and bold combinations. The book begins with the Themes, from the basics of modern craft to making colour and pattern work. It also focuses on imaginative ways to recycle and reuse, from transforming furniture with a lick of paint to finding inspired new uses for everyday items. I love the Details and so we look at textiles, furniture, Lighting and display, while the third section, Spaces, shows how the style works beautifully in living rooms, kitchens, bedrooms and bathrooms, children's rooms, workrooms and even outside.

Homespun Style shows you Ideas for Outside Living

I share some ideas from my own home in this book - My Dad made the boxcrate above out of recycled floorboards, I use it to store some of my styling props.

Homespun Style is packed with tips on how to display and use textiles around your home.

I show you how to put a modern spin of a crafty look by using vibrant colours and bold combinations. (The gorgeous Blue bird was made by my friend, Abigail Brown)

Homespun Style also includes a Source Guide complied by me with all my favorite Homespun Style shops/designers/makers - plus a List of Blogs which I find Inspiring. I hope you like the look and sound of my latest book? *Come and find my dedicated Homespun Style by Selina Lake page on Facebook to keep updated on all things Homespun!!

17 comments:

Amanda McIvor said...

Lovely styling. It's going on my wishlist right now :)

Kath said...

Already on my wishlist...can't wait until March!

HeppieHermpie said...

Your book.. ooowh I love these pictures!! It is on my wihlist.. my brithday is on the 14th of March!!
And, I wish you all the best for 2012! A happy&healthy new year! With your husband!!(love)
With love, Herma

Patchwork Harmony said...

looks fab Selina! can't wait to get my mitts on it! :)

hope all is well
Caroline xx

Knitty, Vintage and Rosy said...

Looks simply yummy, cannot wait

Lisa xo

The Vintage Knitter said...

Looking forward to buying the book and settling down to read it in front of a roaring fire! 'Homespun style' is exactly how I would describe my own home of finds, makes and quirkyness.

Alb said...

looking forward to this book as Bazaar stijl is my all time favorite interior book!

Here's my creative blog,
www.blogspot.com

Where I show my work as an upholsterer and teh stuff I make from the leftover-pieces of fabric

gr.
Albert
Holland

Alb said...

oops that is; www.crealbs.blogspot.com

kat said...

Hi Selina,
I'm so looking forward to the books release. When I think of your style these are just the sort of colour combos that come to my mind and I just know you'll have lots of inspiring rooms and details to share with us.
Kat x

**Anne** said...

This looks just like my sort of book. I have your first book which my daughter and I adore.
Anne xx

Tina said...

The sneak peak pics look absolutely gorgeous, Selina! I hope March hurries up and gets here!! This is on my wishlist :) Happy day to you ~ Tina :)

Eugenia said...

I don't wear color but whoweeee I love to live with color. Can't wait for the book to hit my mailbox.
With such a great start 2012 is going to be a very good year indeed.

liz said...

It looks very inspiring and creative. I will be looking forward to it. Liz xx

à la parisienne said...

I know that I will be purchasing this book and will soak up every word and image just as I did with your Romantic Style book.
Congratulations on your new publication!

Mandy

Rosacea Treatment said...

It looks very inspiring and creative. I will be looking forward to it.

Tania said...

WOW! Sheer gorgeousness! Cannot wait to pour over the pages when I finally have a copy in my own hands. The little sneek peeks have already inspired me. I have written about it over on my blog. I hope you don't mind! Keep inspiring! ♥

David Wells said...

House painting is my passion and am always on the look out for good resources on this topic. I have read your last book and was enthralled at your skill. Now that this book is out I can't wait to lay my hands on it. Will sure give you feedback once I am through it.