Thursday, 18 November 2010

Inspired by Romantic Style


Suzanne's bedroom Wall

Image I Styled for Romantic Style, with photography by Debi Treloar.

Back in August this year Suzanne Swanson, from New Jersey, USA saw a feature about my latest book Romantic style in Country Living magazine. She was so inspired by the patchwork wallpaper idea I had used in one of the shots, she decided to create her own. This morning I received an email from Suzanne with photo's of her finished bedroom wall!! I'm so delighted my ideas in Romantic Style have inspired her I had to share with you. (I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been inspired by my work!!)

10 comments:

Zaira said...

I was finally able to purchase your wonderful books!! I can't wait for it to arrive....Wonderful pictures!

Concrete Jungle said...

Wow, she did a fabulous job with an original idea!

Anne Marie said...

I saw this! I thought is was such a creative idea...and the flooring too...for our May event here on our farm, I'm looking into wallpapering "ideas" to spruce up an area.....thanks for the inspiration! I can't wait to get your book Selina!!
xo+blessings,
Anne Marie

Signe said...

Love them, both the 'original' and the 'copy' :)

Pink Princess said...

Very nice, love this idea.

OH How I wish I could get a copy of your book here, lol. but unfortunately it is not here,so...ah well...I'll survive (just ;) )

Hugs from the Netherlands

Carousel Dreams said...

Wow! I love this!

4swansons said...

Hi this is Suzanne Swanson. A big thank you to Selena Lake for posting the picture of my new bedroom, however, I do have to say that this project could not have come out so perfect without the help of my wonderful sister in law Kim Yurkovitch, who worked for twelve straight hours hanging those Thirty-three pieces of wallpaper. So to any of you who are kind enough to comment on our creation...she is deserving of half the credit!! Thanks again Selena for this post. Suzanne

Jennifer said...

I'm putting on my pjs, choosing a terrific novel, cell phone turned off and ready to dream away. Simply divine! Jennifer jennsthreegraces

Katie O'Gorman said...

This is the most beautiful bedroom, love the wallpaper selection, can't wait to get my copy of your book in the post!

Anonymous said...

charming patchwork idea, well executed!